Blitz Patisserie(‘We/us’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and ensuring that we fully comply at all times with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
This policy explains the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the data controller is BLITZPATISSERIE.CO.UK
2.INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.blitzpatisserie.co.uk such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and if ordering your credit/debit card number, expiry date and security code. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our products and services.
- The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to organize delivery, provide you with statements of account and to communicate with you on any matter relating to your order and the provision of our service.
3.PERSONAL DATA STORAGE
Data you provide us with will be stored on secure servers. Any transaction details will be encrypted to provide you safety.
Transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure, thus a guarantee of data sent electronically or transmitted cannot be given. Information offered is therefore at your own risk.
We also use a persistent cookie to keep the contents of your basket for you, should you leave our site and come back later.
We do not use these cookies to gather information to advertise products or services to you.
4.HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create and manage your personal account at Blitz patisserie
- To process your orders and returns via our online services
- To send text message notifications of delivery status
- To contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items
- To answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services
- To send marketing offers such as newsletters and catalogues
- To notify the winners in competitions arranged online
- To manage your account by carrying out credit checks
- To make analyses in order to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information
- To validate that you are of legal age for shopping online
- To send you surveys in order to give you a possibility to influence our offer and services
- To test and improve our systems by which the services are provided
- To prevent misuse or improper use of our services
- We will keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes above or for as long as we are required by law. After this your personal data will be deleted.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Cookie-usage-informed. This is to mark whether or not you have read the cookies policy popup. If you have, this is marked as true and no further policy popup will appear.
If you want to learn more about cookies, you can do so at www.allaboutcookies.org
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. If you wish to have access to this information it may be subject to a £20 payment fee, used to cover our costs regarding the information you requested. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book-keeping rules or when there are other legitimate grounds to keep the data, such as unsettled debts. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes at any time. You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 will not be affected